Savor faster, safer, more energy-efficient cooking when you replace your natural gas stove with an induction range or cooktop. A generous rebate is just icing on the cake.
Replace your natural gas stove with an induction range or cooktop for energy savings and get cash back from BayREN.
Induction uses electromagnets to heat your pots and pans directly. Cooking times are quicker, and cooking food won’t send wasted heat or pollutants into the air — for a safer, healthier home.
Your new energy induction range or cooktop must replace an existing natural gas range or cooktop. New cooktops may not be induction/electric hybrids.
Get up to $300 cash back on your induction range or cooktop upgrade.
See which upgrades qualify and how much you can earn:
|High-Efficiency Appliance Upgrade||Rebate|
Induction Range or Cooktop
Induction electric range (no hybrid) or cooktop (must replace existing natural gas range or cooktop)
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and available for qualifying Bay Area residents with homes built in 2016 or earlier
- Rebates are capped at $5,000 per eligible customer. Individual measure rebates may not exceed the measure cost
- Customer must not have previously received a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one energy-efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other rebates funded with PG&E ratepayer dollars within the past three years for O&M measures and eight years for building shell, HVAC and water heating measures
- Customers may not exceed the $5,000 cap over an eight-year period
To receive a rebate for your induction range or cooktop, you will need to:
- Take photographs/supply proof of your existing natural gas range or stove;
- Take photographs of your newly installed induction cooktop and of your capped gas line;
- Create a customer account through the BayREN Rebate Portal. You will need your PG&E account number to create an account;
- Follow instructions for applying for your rebate, including uploading documentation (Steps 1 and 2, plus receipt for new cooktop/range purchase).
- Track your rebate status.
More Efficient Appliance Upgrades
Replace your gas water heater for great rebates, big energy savings and better air quality in your home