Bundle up your home with insulation for cozier winters and cooler, more comfortable summers — and big energy savings in every season.
Get up to $1,000 cash back on insulation upgrades when you work with a BayREN Participating Contractor. You can earn a $500 bonus when you combine attic and wall insulation at the same time.
See which upgrades qualify, including the minimum required insulation performance rating (R value) and how much you can earn:
|Home Insulation Upgrades||Rebate|
Attic insulation ≥ R-44 (includes attic air sealing)
|$0.75 / ft2 (not to exceed $1,000 per home)|
Wall insulation ≥ R-13 (2x4 framing) or ≥ R-19 (2x6 framing)
|$0.70 / ft2 (not to exceed $1,000 per home)|
Combustion Appliance Safety (CAS) test-out
CAS test-out required for all measures. Not available as a standalone rebate. Only one per service address.
|$100 bonus rebate|
*Rebates were updated as of August 1st, 2023. Learn more.
- Eligible upgrades include wall and attic insulation
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and available for qualifying Bay Area residents with homes built in 2016 or earlier
- Customers who receive only one, electric or gas, service from PG&E can apply for measures that correspond to the services received
- Customers must complete eligible improvements with a BayREN Participating Contractor in order to receive a rebate (except for electrification appliance measures)
- Rebates are capped at $7,750 per eligible customer. Individual measure rebates may not exceed the measure cost
- Customer must not have previously received a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one energy-efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other rebates funded with PG&E ratepayer dollars within the past three years for O&M measures and eight years for building shell, HVAC and water heating measures
- Customers may not exceed the $7,750 cap over an eight-year period
- Your BayREN Participating Contractor will assist you through the rebate process to make sure you get the best price on your projects.
- To get started, contact your Home Energy Advisor for information about qualifying projects. Then hire a BayREN-certified contractor and get your project started!
- Your BayREN contractor will work with you to determine the scope and budget of your project. They will be able to tell you which rebates your project qualifies for.
- Your contractor will create documentation of your project before and after it is completed. Once the project is completed, the contractor will submit program documentation to BayREN on your behalf.
- After your documentation has been submitted, you can track the progress of your rebate online.