Air ducts carry heated and cooled air from your HVAC system into your home. Keep your home comfortable and protect your home heating and cooling investment with new or newly sealed air ducts — and earn between $200 - $800 cash back.
Air ducts are the superhighway of your home’s heating and cooling system. When they’re improperly sized, or when they leak, you can lose 30-100% of your heated/cooled air before it even reaches your home! Leakage also means that dirty air can get sucked into the duct system and distributed throughout the house, potentially causing poor indoor air quality.
New ducts can make your home more energy efficient, comfortable and safe — plus they can help reduce your energy bills.
Get cash back on air sealing when you work with a BayREN Participating Contractor.
See which upgrades qualify and how much you can earn, based on the energy efficiency of your new equipment:
Duct Replacement ≤ 5% total leakage
Combustion Appliance Safety (CAS) test-out
CAS test-out required for all measures. Not available as a standalone rebate. Only one per service address.
|$100 bonus rebate
*Rebates were updated as of August 1st, 2023. Learn more.
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and available for qualifying Bay Area residents with homes built in 2016 or earlier.
- Customers who receive only one, electric or gas, service from PG&E can apply for measures that correspond to the services received.
- Customers must complete eligible improvements with a BayREN Participating Contractor in order to receive a rebate (except for electrification appliance measures).
- Customer must not have previously received a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one energy-efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other rebates funded with PG&E ratepayer dollars within the past three years for O&M measures and eight years for building shell, HVAC and water heating measures.
- One rebate is offered per measure per address.
- Rebates are capped at $4,000 per eligible customer over an eight-year period. Individual measure rebates may not exceed the measure cost.
Your BayREN Participating Contractor will assist you through the rebate process to make sure you get the best price on your projects.
To get started, contact your Home Energy Advisor for information about qualifying projects. Then hire a BayREN Participating Contractor and get your project started!
Your BayREN contractor will work with you to determine the scope and budget of your project. They will be able to tell you which rebates your project qualifies for.
Your contractor will create documentation of your project before and after it is completed. Once the project is completed, the contractor will submit program documentation to BayREN on your behalf.
After your documentation has been submitted, you can track the progress of your rebate online.
Bundle duct sealing with other home energy upgrades for greater savings