Keep your home warm, comfortable and energy efficient with a high-efficiency central gas furnace. You’ll enjoy a cozier home with lower monthly heating costs — and get up to $300 cash back.
Replace your gas furnace with a high-efficiency central gas furnace. Qualified systems efficiently deliver consistent heat for a cozier home with lower monthly heating costs.
Bundle your savings when you:
- Downsize heating or cooling
- Combine heating and cooling upgrades with building shell upgrades like insulating walls, attics and floors
All upgrades must be completed by a BayREN Participating Contractor.
Learn which upgrades are right for you--and how to get the most in cash back!
How well does your home hold heating and cooling?
Get up to $300 cash back on a high-efficiency furnace when you work with a BayREN Participating Contractor.
Energy ratings (AFUE for gas appliances, SEER for electric) indicate how efficient the equipment is. The more efficient your equipment, the more energy you save and the lower your heating and cooling costs will be.
See which upgrades qualify and how much you can earn, based on the energy efficiency of your new equipment:
|Heating and Cooling Upgrades||Rebates|
High Efficiency Furnace
High efficiency central gas furnace ≥ 95% AFUE w/ Variable Speed Motor (must replace existing central gas furnace)
Downsize heating and/or cooling system compared to existing system (requires a minimum 12 kBTU or 1 ton input reduction).
|$100 bonus rebate|
Heating/Cooling + Insulation Combination
Combine a qualifying heating and/or cooling system upgrade with qualifying attic or wall insulation for a bonus rebate.
|$500 bonus rebate|
Combustion Appliance Safety (CAS) test-out
CAS test-out required for all measures. Not available as a standalone rebate. Only one per service address.
|$150 bonus rebate|
Smart Thermostat (must be listed on the ENERGY STAR qualified product list for Smart Communicating Thermostat)
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and available for qualifying Bay Area residents with homes built in 2016 or earlier
- Customers who receive only one, electric or gas, service from PG&E can apply for measures that correspond to the services received
- Customers must complete eligible improvements with a BayREN Participating Contractor in order to receive a rebate (except for electrification appliance measures)
- Rebates are capped at $7,750 per eligible customer. Individual measure rebates may not exceed the measure cost
- Customer must not have previously received a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one energy-efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other rebates funded with PG&E ratepayer dollars within the past three years for O&M measures and eight years for building shell, HVAC and water heating measures
- Customers may not exceed the $7,750 cap over an eight-year period
Your BayREN Participating Contractor will assist you through the rebate process to make sure you get the best price on your projects.
To get started, contact your Home Energy Advisor for information about qualifying projects. Then hire a BayREN Participating Contractor and get your project started!
Your BayREN contractor will work with you to determine the scope and budget of your project. They will be able to tell you which rebates your project qualifies for.
Your contractor will create documentation of your project before and after it is completed. Once the project is completed, the contractor will submit program documentation to BayREN on your behalf.
After your documentation has been submitted, you can track the progress of your rebate online.
Contact a Home Energy Advisor to learn more about home heating and cooling projects and rebates.
Have you chosen your project? Find a BayREN Participating Contractor in your area.
Some houses are too drafty, some have oversized HVAC equipment and some are just right.
Did you know that indoor air quality is usually 2–5 times worse than outdoor air quality?