Heat Pump Dryers
Replace your conventional gas dryer with a high-efficiency heat pump dryer and watch your energy use tumble — by at least 28%.
Gentler on the environment, gentler on your home, gentler on your clothing and gentler on your wallet — heat pump dryers are a win, win, win.
Replace your gas dryer with a high efficiency heat pump dryer for energy savings and get cash back from BayREN — up to $300.
Heat pump dryers recycle air through an evaporator to remove moisture without losing heat. They use less electricity and are easy to install since they don't require ventilation.
Your new dryer must replace an existing natural gas clothes dryer and be listed as ENERGY STAR Efficient heat pump clothes dryer.
Get up to $300 cash back on your high efficiency heat pump hot water heater.
See which upgrades qualify:
High-Efficiency Appliance Upgrade
High Efficiency Heat Pump Dryer
Heat pump clothes dryer ≥ 4.50 Combined Energy Factor (CEF) (must replace existing natural gas clothes dryer and listed as ENERGY STAR Efficient heat pump clothes dryer)
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and available for qualifying Bay Area residents with homes built in 2016 or earlier
- Customers who receive only one, electric or gas, service from PG&E can apply for measures that correspond to the services received
- Rebates are capped at $5,000 per eligible customer. Individual measure rebates may not exceed the measure cost
- Customer must not have previously received a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one energy-efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other rebates funded with PG&E ratepayer dollars within the past three years for O&M measures and eight years for building shell, HVAC and water heating measures
- Customers may not exceed the $5,000 cap over an eight-year period
To receive a rebate for your high efficiency heat pump dryer upgrade, you will need to:
- Take photographs/supply proof of your existing natural gas dryer;
- Take photographs of your newly installed high efficiency heat pump dryer and a photo of your capped gas line;
- Create a customer account through the BayREN Rebate Portal. You will need your PG&E account number to create an account;
- Follow instructions for applying for your rebate, including uploading documentation (Steps 1 and 2, plus receipt for new dryer purchase).
- Track your rebate status.
More Efficient Appliance Upgrades
Replace your gas water heater for great rebates, big energy savings and better air quality in your home