Policy and Implementation: Improving Energy Code Compliance for Small Cities
This Forum brought together local and state government policy leaders, building department personnel, and energy consultants throughout the Bay Area region to share policies and programs influencing small cities. Featured topics included Existing Buildings Energy Efficiency Action Plan (AB 758), the BayREN Codes & Standards Regional Plan Check program, and a shortened version of the training course “Improving Energy Code Compliance in Low-Rise New Construction".
- Forum Agenda
- Opening Remarks and Introduction | Trishia Caguiat | Solano County BayREN Representative
- Existing Buildings Energy Efficiency Action Plan (AB 758) | David Ismailyan | California Energy Commission
- Bay Area Regional Plan Check Program | Demian Hardman| Contra Costa County
- Coordinating Plan Check with Field Inspection for Residential New Construction | Russ King | Benningfield Group Inc.
- Panel Session: Existing Buildings Energy Efficiency Action Plan (AB 758)
- Moderator | Wes Sullens | StopWaste
- Panelist | David Ismailyan | California Energy Commission
- Panelist | Martha Brook | California Energy Commission
- Panelist | Jenny Berg | BayREN Program Manager (ABAG)
- Panelist | Alex Portesawver | City of Benicia