No Missed Opportunities: Decarbonization of Public Buildings
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
As local jurisdictions look for ways to meet more aggressive climate goals, many are considering decarbonizing existing municipal buildings. However, there are still myths and barriers that keep jurisdictions from taking on projects and ensuring there are no missed opportunities. This Forum will share information and local examples to help jurisdictions develop a more complete picture of the opportunities and challenges for decarbonizing their own portfolios. This free event is open to all.
- Welcome and Introductions | Denise Lin, BayREN Representative, County of San Mateo | Susan Wright, BayREN Representative, County of San Mateo
- Municipal Projects: Lessons Learned & Opportunities | Blake Herrschaft, DNV GL
- Considering Projects Holistically: Technological, Financial, and Operational Factors | Joe Fullerton, San Mateo County Community College District
- Part I: Q&A with Speakers
- California’s Regulatory Landscape & Implications for Local Governments on Municipal Building Projects | Sara Baldwin, Energy Innovation
- Panel: Local Strategies, Policies, and Projects
- City of Hayward Example | Erik Pearson, City of Hayward
- City of San Francisco Example | Eden Brukman, San Francisco Department of the Environment
- BayREN Municipal Zero Net Energy/Zero Net Carbon Assistance | Peter Pollard, kW Engineering
- American Cities Climate Challenge | Betty Seto, Natural Resources Defense Council | Wendy Lee, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Part II: Q&A with Speakers and Closing