Matching Supply with Demand: Preparing Local Governments for the Rise of Renewables and Its Impact on the Grid
Bay Area Metro Center
375 Beale Street
San Francisco, CA 94501
The last Regional Forum for 2017 "Matching Supply with Demand: Preparing Local Governments for the Rise of Renewables and Its Impact on the Grid" was held in San Francisco on October 24.
The uptake of solar PV is becoming one of the most disruptive influences on the electricity grid. With the impending adoption of the 2019 Building Standards and with many local governments now implementing ordinances that mandate solar PV on new residential construction, this forum aimed to help local governments and the private sector understand the implications on the grid, and discuss how they can advance strategies at the local level to help stabilize the grid and mitigate integration impacts.
- Forum Agenda
- Welcome and Introductions | Deborah Elliot, BayREN Representative
- Keynote Presentation: Why Sonoma Clean Power is Incentivizing Electric Vehicles | Cordel Stillman, Sonoma Clean Power
- California Energy Code and the Grid - Navigating the Political Landscape | Chris Bradt, Frontier Energy, Inc.
- Local Solar and Storage - Benefits to the Grid and Your Community | Kelly Knutsen, California Solar Energy Industries Association
- It All Adds Up to Zero - California's ZNE Future (and What We're Doing About It) | Rory Cox, California Public Utilities Commission
- California's Commercial ZNE Action Plan Update - Identifying the Best Plan for the Future | Mindy Craig, BluePoint Planning
- Panel Session: How can Local Governments Prepare for the Rise of Renewables and its Impact on the Grid?
- Closing Statements | Deborah Elliot, BayREN Representative
Cordel Stillman, Director of Programs, Sonoma Clean Power
Chris Bradt, Senior Program Manager, Frontier Energy, Inc.
Rory Cox, Senior Regulatory Analyst, California Public Utilities Commission
Kelly Knutsen, Senior Policy Advisor, California Solar Energy Industries Association
Mindy Craig, Principal, BluePoint Planning