BayREN and Energy Code Ace On-Line Training: Residential Energy Standards - Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU)
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
This course covers the Prescriptive requirements that apply to new ADU, and discusses both minimum requirements and design options for compliance.
The webinar helps:
- Designers and architects understand how different ADU types are subject to envelope, Photovoltaic (PV)/Battery, domestic hot water (DHW), ventilation, HVAC and HERS requirements of the Energy Code
- Energy consultants clarify the minimum requirements and communicate the compliance options available for ADU
- Contractors recognize that ADU type and CF1R Certificate of Compliance affect envelope, PV/Battery, DHW, ventilation, HVAC and HERS features
- Building departments know what to look for during plan check and inspection, and how to ensure the ADU permitting and construction process goes smoothly
- HERS Raters be aware that HERS measures are more likely with an ADU project
Training developed and offered in partnership with Energy Code Ace.
Building Department Staff