BayREN and Energy Code Ace On-Line Training: Residential Energy Standards - Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU)
ADUs are becoming an important form of housing in California but designing and building these units to comply with the 2019 Energy Code can be challenging. This hour-long course covers the Prescriptive requirements that apply to new ADU, and discusses both minimum requirements and design options for compliance.
The webinar helps:
- Designers and architects understand how different ADU types are subject to envelope, Photovoltaic (PV)/Battery, domestic hot water (DHW), ventilation, HVAC and HERS requirements of the Energy Code
- Energy consultants clarify the minimum requirements and communicate the compliance options available for ADU
- Contractors recognize that ADU type and CF1R Certificate of Compliance affect envelope, PV/Battery, DHW, ventilation, HVAC and HERS features
- Building departments know what to look for during plan check and inspection, and how to ensure the ADU permitting and construction process goes smoothly
- HERS Raters be aware that HERS measures are more likely with an ADU project