BayREN and Energy Code Ace C&S Training: 2022 Single-family Standards, HERS-Verified Quality Insulation Installation (QII)
This course focuses on prescriptive quality insulation installation (QII) requirements in the 2022 Energy Code for new single-family buildings of any size and additions greater than 700 ft².
This presentation helps:
- Designers and architects create projects that meet QII
- Energy consultants clarify the minimum requirements and schedule of inspections the team needs to succeed when the Certificate of Compliance (CF1R) calls for QII
- Contractors coordinate with HERS raters and subcontractors on inspection dates and other QII requirements
- Building departments support QII projects at plan check and inspection to ensure the QII process goes smoothly
- HERS raters communicate with the construction team on how to prepare a project to meet QII requirements during HERS inspections
- Identify quality insulation installation (QII) requirements that may be unique or atypical for single-family construction
- Recognize how a project should start off on the right foot with good documentation in the design drawings to support QII
- Organize construction team for the QII construction inspection schedule and understand what the HERS rater will evaluate
- Discover additional resources available to learn more about QII (HERS providers, HERS raters, Energy Code Ace)
Training developed and offered in partnership with Energy Code Ace.
Target Audience: Building Department Staff, Contractors, and Building Professionals