Heat Pump Water Heater (HPWH) Incentive for Participating Contractors
BayREN invites you to partner with us to help install more heat pump water heaters in Bay Area households.
HPWHs are more than three times as efficient compared to standard fossil fuel models. They reduce air pollution and dangerous carbon emissions that contribute to climate change while also improving indoor air quality. Plus they offer homeowners potential savings on monthly utility bills.
BayREN is currently offering an incentive of $1,000 — paid directly to you as a participating contractor — for each HPWH upgrade you install. See the full list of HPWH incentive programs.
What You Get When You Partner With BayREN
You must be a licensed contractor holding a C-36, C-20 or General B license.
The homeowner must be a current customer of one of these participating electricity suppliers:
- East Bay Community Energy (EBCE)
- Silicon Valley Power, City of Santa Clara
- CleanPower SF
The heat pump water heater must:
- Replace an existing natural gas or propane water heater
- Have a Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) of 3.1 or greater
- Have grid-connected capabilities
- Be listed on the program’s Qualified Products List
- Download the Contractor Participation Agreement. Read the Terms and Conditions and fill out your information. Submit your agreement (in email and by USPS) to the program implementers you’ll find on page 8 in the agreement.
- Once your eligibility and agreement is confirmed, you will be enrolled and a log-in link to the Incentive Processing Platform will be sent to you in email.
- You will then have access to the application submission platform after a short orientation.
Why Add HPWH to Your Services?
Let homeowners know it can be easier and more economical to install an HPHW now, while considering their energy-upgrade projects. Plus:
Give them the option of sizing solar to accommodate increased electrical loads like a HPWH, or complete additional electric work for EVs at the same time.
Help your customers plan ahead - Planning ahead for a future HPWH installation makes sense to reduce delays when their gas water heater fails.
Get a $1,000 Incentive - Remind your clients that they can reduce future costs by installing now. And you get a $1,000 rebate when they do.